Having an automated way of creating fertilizer can really assist in the production of crops. So this is for those who don't want to have to make their own fertilizer but rather let the beautiful machinery of tekkit do it for you. These steps are shown on Youtube here!.
Using RedPower2 and BuildCraft
- 1 Recycler
- 10 or more Overclocker Upgrades
- 2 Transformer Upgrades (if using the recommended HV Energy)
- Several Energy Storage Upgrades (optional)
- 1 MFE or MFSU
- 1 HV Solar Array (recommended, lower Solar Arrays also works)
- 2 Glass Fibre Cables
- Atleast 10 Pneumatic Tubes
- 1 Chest (larger the better, e.g. Crystal Chest
- 1 Cobblestone Generator (See tutorial here).
- 1 Redstone Engine
- 1 Wooden Transport Pipe
- Atleast 5 Cobblestone/Stone Transport Pipes
- 1 Distribution Transport Pipe
- 1 Lever or Redstone Torch
- 2 Timers
- 1 Automatic Crafting Table
- 1 Wrench (For turning MFE/MFSU)
- 1 Screwdriver or Sonic Screwdriver (for turning filters)
- 2 Filters
First thing that needs to occur, is you need to set up your Cobblestone Generator. For information regarding this; refer to the Cobblestone Generator Tutorial Page. Once you have built this you will need to have an output chest from the generator which can be easily accessed by your Fertilizer system.
Place down a Recycler nearby to your Cobblestone Generator. Open it up and place in 2 Transformer Upgrades (for use with an MFSU) or 1 Transformer Upgrade (for use with an MFE). Place in around 10 Overclocker Upgrades as well. Energy Storage Upgrades also don't hurt. Make sure you put in Transformer Upgrades before you connect it to power above low voltage or it will explode.
Connect a chest to this side.
Moving back to the Cobblestone Generator; with the output chest of your Cobblestone Generator, connect a filter to the side of it. Optionally you could place this underneath or on top to save space.
Your machine should now look something similar to the picture on the left.
Now simply add your Template to your Automatic Crafting Table, and turn all your Timers on if they aren't already and your done.
- Start by building an automatic cobblestone generator which will produce all the necessary supplies for a recycler. See this page for cobblestone generator
- Place a recycler which is powered (best from the rear) a few blocks away from the output of the cobblestone generator.
- Send your cobblestone through an automatic crafting table making cobblestone slabs. this will yeild more scrap as three (3) cobblestone will create six (6) slabs (optional)
- Next connect the end of the cobblestone generator (or automatic crafting table) to a the top of a recycler by way of cobblestone / stone transport pipes or by way of pneumatic tubes, which could be the smarter option causing less lag at higher levels of production.
- Beside the recycler place a wooden transport pipe off the left, right or both sides of the recycler, which should be connected to a cobblestone / stone transport pipe which will take the scrap to a nearby chest.
- This should lead to a chest, preferable one of the Iron Chest Mod such as a Diamond or Crystal Chest.
- To the side of this chest should be an Automatic Crafting Table with the pattern of fertilizer without the need for bonemeal.
- Now add a wooden transport pipe followed by one cobblestone or stone transport pipe.
- This pipe should be connected to a distribution transport pipe which should have two outputs.
- One of the outputs should lead straight to the Crop-Matron and the other should lead back to the chest with scrap in it. This should lead to a continual supply of fertilizer to the Crop-Matron as well as back into the system for further production.
- It's wise to note that changing the speed of the timer attached to the cobblestone generator will increase or decrease production of fertilizer.
- Download the map here and mess around with it yourself. To use the map follow these instructions,
- Follow the link and download the map,
- Put in on your desktop, right click and press extract here,
- Next open the run application and type in %appdata%,
- Find the .technic folder, open it, find the modpacks folder, open it, and then find the tekkit folder and open it,
- Go to saves in the tekkit folder,
- Copy the map on your desktop and paste it into the saves folder,
- Close the folder and load up tekkit,
- You should be able to use the map.