- Right-clicking orange resin patches on Rubber Wood with a Treetap or an Electric Treetap.
- Right-clicking black (empty) resin patches on Rubber Wood with a Treetap. You get a second harvest, but this also depletes the patch forever.
- It's rarely dropped when chopping Rubber Wood down.
- Right-clicking Stickreed in its final stage of growth with almost anything (there are a few Crop-related exceptions).
- Crafting from UU-Matter for 21 Sticky Resin.
Sticky Resin can either be smelted or extracted into Rubber, extracting being a more efficient option. It can also be placed on the ground where it acts similar to Soul Sand, slowing down all mobs and players that touch it, as well as reducing fall damage. The Sticky Resin that is placed can be taken back but when removing it is has a 10% chance of being destroyed and not returning. Sticky Resin also regenerates on the tree at a slow rate. Sticky Resin can also be used in place of Slimeballs when making Sticky Pistons, and can also be used for making torches (same recipe as with Coal/Charcoal, but with Sticky Resin as a substitution).