This article contains material that is not in the current version of Tekkit.
The content you see here is not available if you are using the current version.
The Crusher is built out of 12 special blocks made from a Block of Steel, Pistons, and Diamonds. If broken down, it takes 3 Blocks of Steel, 12 Pistons, and 12 Diamonds to build one Rock Crusher. They cannot be built adjacent to each other, there must be at least one tile in between Rock Crushers (the 3x2x2 structure).
The Crusher can be loaded and unloaded via Loaders or Buildcraft pipes. The entire 3x2x2 structure is treated as a single block, similar to the Coke Oven. It will accept input from the top and will output from any remaining side.
The list of materials that can be processed includes just about any vanilla blocks made from stone or brick. Additionally, you can process Bones and Blaze Rods, but one of the most important products it can produce is Obsidian Dust. Obsidian Dust has a 25% chance of being produced when processing Obsidian in addition to producing Crushed Obsidian. Crushed Obsidian can be further processed directly into Obsidian Dust if you desire, but it also makes an excellent ballast material. (As of the latest update this machine is in Tekkit and acts in many ways like an energy-free Macerator.) Note: This can be used to make Bronze and also Bone and Blaze Rod machines without the use of IC2. If you chose to make a machine with these they are self-sustaining, unlike Macerators, making them very effective.
- Crushes Smooth Stone to Cobblestone.
- Crushes Cobblestone to Gravel.
- Crushes Gravel to Sand and sometimes a gold nugget or rarely diamonds!
- Crushes Bones and Blaze rods to Bone Meal and Blaze powder, respectively.
- Crushes ores to dust like a Macerator.
- Crushes Obsidian to Crushed Obsidian, with a 25% chance of producing Obsidian Dust.
- Crushes Crushed Obsidian to Obsidian Dust.