The Red Matter Hammer can destroy stone faster than a diamond pickaxe and will never break. It is an upgrade of the Dark Matter Hammer. The hammer can charge up to four different levels (Pressing "V" charges it by one level). Right clicking when it's charged causes the hammer to destroy all the stone in the AoE. All destroyed blocks drop at your feet in a capsule for easy pick-up.
Secondly it has two left-click functions, toggled with "C":
- Normal impact mode: digs one block at a time
- Mega impact mode: digs a 3x3x1 area
- This mode will take the time of whatever block you are hitting, regardless of the surrounding blocks.
- Right click is instant.
Effect when charged to different levels :
- 0 : Right clicking does nothing.
- 1 : 3x3x3=27 blocks broken, costs 192 EMC (7.1 EMC per block)
- 2 : 5x5x5=125 blocks broken, costs 1025 EMC (8.2 EMC per block)
- 3 : 7x7x7=343 blocks broken, costs 2592 EMC (7.6 EMC per block)
It is important to note that the right-click function consumes Redstone, Glowstone Dust, Gunpowder, Aeternalis Fuel, Mobius Fuel, Alchemical Coal or EMC from a Klein Star as fuel and will not function without them.
The 3x3x1 Mega Impact mode is free to use.
If you use a Black Hole Band and a Gem of Eternal Density (alternatively a Void Ring, which combines both items) in your inventory or in an Alchemy Bag and use a Swiftwolf's Rending Gale to fly, you can mine at ludicrous speeds. Although it costs moderate amounts of fuel to use fully charged hammer, it is worth it. You can easily find more EMC than you use. It's also recommended to have a big, charged Klein Star so you don't have to worry as much about the fueling of this tool.
There is a glitch where if flying using Swiftwolf's Rending Gale, using the Red Matter Hammer for mining stone is slower than doing the same with a Red Matter Pickaxe.
This is a shapeless recipe, so the items can be in any order or configuration.