The Chainsaw is a rechargeable Electric Tool with unlimited durability. This Industrial Craft 2 tool cuts wood with the speed of a diamond axe. This also causes leaf blocks to be dropped as if cut by shears, it also cuts other material which you can cut with shears, and can be used to shear sheep(with right mouse button). When a player is holding the chainsaw; the game will play a chainsaw sound.
It can be charged using a Solar Panel, Generator, a BatBox, an MFE, an MFS Unit, or any tier of Charging Bench. It can also receive power from a BatPack, Solar Helmet , Static Boots, or can be recharged by right-clicking while holding an RE Battery (hold right-click until it fully charges or until the RE Battery is empty).When used as a weapon, the chainsaw inflicts 5 hearts of damage in one hit, killing many mobs in two hits.
- The Chainsaw idle sound will loop on the title screen if you save and quit while holding it.
- If you enter the inventory and move the Chainsaw from your current slot, the sound will loop in game. To fix this, put it back in the slot it was in originally, scroll to a different spot on the hotbar, and then move the Chainsaw around as you please. (does not appear to be the case in the stable build available as of 1/5/2012).
- The Chain will disappear if thrown in fuel.
- If your sound is turned off and you equip the chainsaw, the sound will still play.
- If you use the Chainsaw on Tall Grass, a duplication bug occurs where the Tall Grass will drop both Tall Grass and Seeds. (See Red Katar for a similar bug)