The Alchemical Chest functions identically to a standard Chest, with the added bonus of a 104 slot storing capacity. It has the third largest storing capacity of any single chest in Tekkit, only 4 slots behind both the Diamond Chest and the Crystal Chest. If placed next to a Dark Matter Furnace or a Red Matter Furnace, all stacks of smelted items will be transferred from the Furnaces to the Alchemical Chest.
Certain EE2 Power Items have effects when placed inside the Alchemical Chest:
- Talisman of Repair: Repairs damaged tools at 1 Damage Point/second, without the need for Covalence Dust .
- Gem of Eternal Density: Turns low-EMC items into high-EMC items at 10 items/s. See page for more details.
- Black Hole Band: Pulls in dropped items within a 7-block radius, though not through blocks.
- Void Ring: Combines the abilities of the Gem of Eternal Density and the Black Hole Band.
- In your inventory, the Alchemical Chest appears like a chest from the Minecraft Beta 1.7.3 and older versions but with the Alchemical Chest texture on it, just like it would have appeared in Tekkit V1 or in EE1. This trait is also shared with the Energy Condenser.s.lslslsllx
- If the Alchemical Chest is destroyed while the inventory is still open, the GUI will not close, unlike regular chests. This also allows for the player to right-click items out of the inventory and duplicate them as long as they keep the GUI open. (This is not recommended for players who are trying to play legitimately).
- RedPower2's Sonic Screwdriver still "recharges" inside the Alchemical Chest, even though it requires RedPower electricity instead.